Crow's Nest Extended Rooftop Tent - Grey (Available Early February)
This product is currently sold out.
Due to an overwhelming amount of Kiwi's keen to get out there in a Crow's Nest this year, we've made a pre sale available to make sure you don't miss out. Here's all the information you need to know to grab yourself a Crow's Nest for your next adventure...
PRE SALE DETAILS:
- This pre order is for Crow's Nest that will be good to go Early February.
Please be mindful, that this date could change slightly due to unexpected delays with the pandemic.
- We can't stress it enough. If you are wanting a Crow's Nest for Summer, then we highly recommended securing one now through the pre order so you don't miss out.
- Once you checkout you will be able to choose whether you would like to have your Crow's Nest installed at our Auckland Workshop, collect it from us or have it shipped to your nearest Mainfreight Depot.
If you have any questions at all regarding the pre order or the Crow's Nest's, please feel free to email us.
JOIN THE ADVENTURE
Forget blowing up mattresses, and putting up poles. Introducing The Crow’s Nest Extended, Feldon Shelter’s 2-Person Rooftop Tent. The Crow’s Nest Extended tent is up in less time than it takes to boil the billy. A simple pull of the ladder unfolds the ready-to-use tent all by itself. There's a built in queen mattress that tucks your sleeping bag and pillows away inside, saving you valuable car space. An effortless setup for carefree adventures.
The Crow's Nest Extended's design has a host of thought out features & innovative materials, while still retaining all the regular features you have come to love from our Crow's Nest Regular Tent.
CROW'S NEST EXTENDED 2-PERSON ROOFTOP TENT FEATURES:
- Extended body and rain-fly covering the full ladder entry and creates even more shelter underneath. We have also added an extra window & mesh opening on the extended body so you won't miss out on any views from up top.
- Feldon Shelter's unique window design, offering 360° views and even better aerodynamics in high winds.
- Feldon Shelter's unique aluminium honeycomb-cell base construction. Dent resistant & 5x stronger than regular roof top tent bases.
- Feldon Shelter's unique heavy duty cargo net storage. Located underneath the base. With multiple O-ring/hooks for overhead storage.
- NZ's original curved roof design provides extra height over generic rooftop tents and prevents water pooling and improves aerodynamics.
- Feldon Shelter's unique base mounted shoe & gadget pocket for extra storage. Keep your muddy shoes, outside and off the ground. The pockets also feature a vented bottom panel to drip dry your shoes overnight.
- Feldon Shelter's unique base mounted spring pole pocket design. Now base mounted for easy access. An added bonus, you'll never leave your spring poles behind again.
- Feldon Shelter's heavy duty PVC travel cover. With additional welded triple layer reinforcement panels in all high wear areas. Featuring our own original design roll up storage system.
- All aluminium internal skeleton, marine grade stainless steel hinges and hardware for extended life and strength. No plastic.
- Larger hinges than other generic rooftop tents available so that bedding and pillows can be tucked away permanently in the tent while closed and travelling.
- Internal storage pockets to keep your snacks, smartphone and lights nice and safe.
- Quick release hand attachments mean the tent is easily installed, removed or swapped between vehicles.
- 60mm ErgoCell high density foam mattress with a removable cotton cover and waterproof polyester ripstop underside & anti-soak corners to keep condensation out. Designed to sleep individuals up to 7ft in height.
- Adjustable alloy retractable ladder. Optional extension ladder available for raised vehicles.
- Heavy duty genuine YKK zippers.
- Locally sourced marine grade 316 stainless steel eyelets.
- Velcro sealed power cable access points allow cable connection from car.
- Mosquito mesh windows, doors and vents.
- Zip-open mosquito mesh on all windows and doors.
- Extra strong 40mm straps, velcro & marine grade stainless steel D-rings throughout.
- Additional material swatch bag, for tent, rainfly and mesh repairs.
NEW ZEALAND DESIGN
From Northland’s beaming sun to the howling winds of the deep South, the Crow’s Nest has been rigorously tested amongst it all. Each element has been purposely designed here in New Zealand for New Zealand conditions.
Feldon Shelter’s uniquely curved roof prevents annoying water pooling and those unsuspecting roof showers. These curves mean smoother aerodynamics so even the strongest of winds are no match. We’ve given extra attention to keep your nest cosy and dry by specially waterproof treating our canvas, using waxed stitching and taping all seams.
With durability and New Zealand’s hard sun in mind, The Crow’s Nest is constructed with our heavy duty, UV resistant, ripstop poly cotton canvas. With double stitching throughout, strong YKK zippers, reinforced aluminium skeleton and industrial stainless hardware, basically, you’re set for many moons to come.
The most premium roof-top tent available is chocked full of carefully thought out features. Ample storage is taken care of with external shoe pockets, a multi purpose cargo net, and handy internal storage pockets. A retractable light-weight ladder, quick release hand attachments and plenty of ventilation take the pain out of camping to create effortless adventures.
Feldon’s very own built in ErgoCell queen sized mattress comfortably fits two people with enough room to stretch out. Designed to sleep even the tallest adventurer comfortably. There’s nothing like a soft and flat bed to lay on after a long day behind the wheel. You can kiss goodbye those restless nights spent sleeping on rocks and roots.
SETUP AND REQUIREMENTS
Fits on even the smallest of vehicle, from a 2 door hatchback through to the hardiest of truck. Fitting is easy, its deciding which way you wish to have the tent open that takes some thought. Off the back, off the side or even off the front, take your pick. All that’s needed is a pair of roof racks or suitable roof cage with a combined minimum dynamic load rating of 75kg.
If your vehicle is on the taller side, we're talking over 2 metres (from the ground to the top of the roof rack) then you will need to add a Ladder Extension.
The Crow’s Nest Rooftop Tent has a load rating of 300kg.
TENT: 360G Poly Cotton Rip-Stop Canvas. Developed & proven for NZ's Harshest Conditions to be Tear-resistant, Waterproof & Weatherproof in anything your travels throw at you. UV, mould and mildew resistant, with high grade 150G mosquito mesh throughout.
RAINFLY: 420D Diamond Ripstop Polyester X-Canvas. Extremely durable, Tear-resistant, Waterproof & Weatherproof. UV, mould and mildew resistant.
TRAVEL COVER: 2000 Denier Reinforced PVC. Triple reinforcement panels in high wear areas. Constructed with COATS UV-Resistant Thread (the stuff used on yacht sails).
BASE: 30mm Aluminium Fully Tig-Welded Frame, with 10 internal reinforcement backbones.
- Durable powder-coated aluminium anti-scratch base surface with fully anodised components throughout.
- 316 Stainless steel reinforced hinge work and bracing.
- Engineered to be lightweight, durable & capable of housing 300kg worth of adventurers inside.
Open: 141cm W x 240cm L x 125cm H
Closed: 141cm W x 120cm L x 40cm H
Weight: 60 kg
Installation and a full walkthrough/user lesson available for pick up orders at our Auckland workshop for an additional $99 and takes up to an hour.