Crow's Nest Regular Rooftop Tent - Grey (Available Mid November)
This product is currently sold out.
PRE SALE DETAILS:
- This pre order is for Crow's Nest that will be good to go Mid November.
Please be mindful, that this date could change slightly due to unexpected delays with the pandemic.
- Once you checkout you will be able to choose whether you would like to have your Crow's Nest installed at our Auckland Workshop, collect it from us or have it shipped to your nearest Mainfreight Depot.
If you have any questions at all regarding the pre order or the Crow's Nest's, please feel free to email us.
JOIN THE ADVENTURE
Forget hammering pegs, blowing up mattresses, and putting up poles. Introducing The Crow’s Nest, Feldon Shelter’s 2-Man Rooftop Tent. With no poles required for basic setup, the Crow’s Nest tent is up in less time than it takes to boil the billy. A simple pull of the ladder unfolds the ready-to-use tent all by itself. The built in queen mattress has your sleeping bag and pillows tucked away inside ready to go, saving you valuable car space. An effortless setup for carefree adventures.
NEW ZEALAND DESIGN
From Northland’s beaming sun to the howling winds of the deep South, the Crow’s Nest has been rigorously tested amongst it all. Each element has been purposely designed here in New Zealand for New Zealand conditions.
Feldon Shelter’s uniquely curved roof prevents annoying water pooling and those unsuspecting roof showers. These curves mean smoother aerodynamics so even the strongest of winds are no match. We’ve given extra attention to keep your nest cosy and dry by specially waterproof treating our canvas, using waxed stitching and taping all seams.
With durability and New Zealand’s harsh sun in mind, The Crow’s Nest is constructed with our heavy duty, UV resistant, ripstop poly cotton canvas. With double stitching throughout, strong YKK zippers, reinforced aluminium skeleton and industrial marine grade stainless steel hardware, basically, you’re set for many moons to come.
The most premium roof top tent available is chocked full of carefully thought out features. Ample storage is taken care of with an external shoe/gadget pocket, multi overhead storage straps and handy internal storage pockets. A retractable light-weight ladder, quick release hand attachments and plenty of ventilation take the pain out of camping to create effortless adventures.
Feldon Shelter’s very own built in ErgoCell queen sized mattress comfortably fits two people with enough room to stretch out. Designed to sleep even the tallest adventurer comfortably. Featuring a waterproof underside, sides and anti-soak top corners. There’s nothing like a soft and flat bed to lay on after a long day behind the wheel. You can kiss goodbye those restless nights spent sleeping on rocks and roots.
SETUP AND REQUIREMENTS
Fits on even the smallest of vehicle, from a 2 door hatchback through to the hardiest of truck. Fitting is easy, it's deciding which way you wish to have the tent open that takes some thought. Off the back, off the side or even off the front, take your pick. All that’s needed is a pair of roof racks or suitable roof cage with a combined minimum dynamic (moving) load rating of 75kg.
If your vehicle is on the taller side, we're talking over 2 metres (from the ground to the top of the roof rack) then you will need to add a Ladder Extension.
The Crow’s Nest Rooftop Tent has a load rating of 300kg.
CROW'S NEST FEATURES
- Feldon Shelter's unique window design, offering 360° views and even better aerodynamics in high winds.
- Feldon Shelter's reinforced aluminium sandwich base construction for extended life and even more strength.
- Adjustable storage straps located underneath the base for extra storage and drip drying any wet clothing/gear.
- NZ's original curved roof design provides extra height over generic rooftop tents and prevents water pooling and improves aerodynamics.
- Feldon Shelter's unique base mounted shoe & gadget pocket for extra storage. Keep your muddy shoes, outside and off the ground. The pockets also feature a vented bottom panel to drip dry your shoes overnight.
- Feldon Shelter's unique base mounted spring pole pocket design. Now base mounted for easy access. An added bonus, you'll never leave your spring poles behind again.
- Feldon Shelter's heavy duty PVC travel cover. With additional welded triple layer reinforcement panels in all high wear areas. Featuring our own original design roll up storage system.
- All aluminium internal skeleton, marine grade stainless steel hinges and hardware for extended life and strength. No plastic.
- Larger hinges than other generic rooftop tents available so that bedding and pillows can be tucked away permanently in the tent while closed and travelling.
- Internal storage pockets to keep your snacks, smartphone and torch nice and safe
- Quick release hand attachments mean the tent is easily installed, removed or swapped between vehicles
- 60mm ErgoCell high density foam mattress with a removable cotton cover and waterproof ripstop underside, sides & anti-soak corners to keep condensation out. Designed to sleep individuals up to 7ft in height.
- Adjustable alloy retractable ladder. Optional extensions available for raised vehicles over 2 meters tall.
- Heavy duty genuine YKK zippers.
- Locally sourced marine grade stainless steel eyelets.
- Velcro sealed power cable access points allow cable connection from car
- Mosquito mesh windows, doors and vents.
- Zip-open mosquito mesh on all windows and doors
- Extra strong 40mm ribbing, velcro and marine grade attachment rings throughout.
- Additional swatch material for tent, rainfly and mesh repairs.
TENT: 350g Poly Cotton canvas. Water, mould and mildew resistant. High grade 130g mosquito mesh
RAIN FLY: 420D Diamond Ripstop Polyester canvas. Water, mould and mildew resistant.
TRAVEL COVER: 2000 denier PVC, welded triple-layer reinforced high wear areas.
BASE: 23mm aluminium sandwich base
Open: 143cm W x 240cm L x 125cm H
Closed: 143cm W x 120cm L x 40cm H
Weight: 54 kg
Installation and user walkthrough available for pick up orders at our Auckland workshop. Installation costs $99 and takes up to an hour.